20060829

Partnering with God and one another

A friend shared this from a book of Bible stories called, Does God have a Big Toe? After God created the world, God said to his first human creatures, “I am tired now, please finish up the world for me.” The humans objected that they were not up to the task. God said you can do it, “but I agree to this. If you keep trying to finish the world, I will be your partner.” The man and the woman asked, “What’s a partner?” and God answers, “A partner is someone you work with on a big thing that neither of you can do alone. If you have a partner, it means that you can never give up, because your partner is depending on you.” I would also add it means you can never go it alone. We need one another in this task of finishing, mending, seeking well-being in our world.